Everything You Want To Know About ITIL Strategic Leader Certificate Scope And Future
The ITIL Strategic Leader (SL) course provides you with the most practical skills necessary to create learning and improve the organization, ensuring a strong and effective strategic direction. ITIL strategic leader course provides you with the skills to help prepare for the ITIL4 Strategist, Direct, Plan, and Improve exam, which is a testimonial that fulfills a core requirement of ITIL4 Managing Professional (MP) and Strategic Leader (SL) certifications.
ITIL4 Certification levels
ITIL certification is divided into four levels. You can seek an entry or medium-level certification. But, if you are a project manager or CIO, Expert or Master status in ITIL will be more beneficial for you.
This certification introduces you to the ITIL framework, providing you with the basic knowledge and helping you to enhance ITSM or when your organization wants to adopt ITIL.After passing this exam, you may choose from two streams depending on your career goals: Managing Professional or Strategic Leader.
This stream provides you with more practical and technical knowledge. There are four courses under this stream.
- ITIL 4 Specialist Create, Deliver, And Support (CDS): It covers the core service management activities and focuses on the integration of different value streams and activities to create, deliver, and support IT-enabled products and services.
- ITIL 4 Specialist Drive Stakeholder Value (DSV): This module aims on the conversion of demand into value via IT-enabled services and provides you with the tools to increase the satisfaction of stakeholders within the organization.
- ITIL 4 Specialist High Velocity IT (HVIT): Under this module, you will learn to explore the ways in which digital organizations and digital operating models function in high-velocity environments. This module focuses at IT managers and practitioners involved in digital services.
- ITIL 4 Strategist Direct, Plan, and Improve (DPI): This module will provide you the practical skills necessary to create learning and improve organization. This level is aimed at managers of all levels involved in shaping and developing a continually improving team.
- ITIL Strategic Leader:During this level, you will understand how IT influences and will learn how to direct business strategy.
There are two modules under this stream:
- ITIL 4 Strategist Direct, Plan, and Improve (DPI): It is much the same as mentioned in the ITIL Managing Professional stream.
- ITIL 4 Leader Digital and IT Strategy (DITS): This module primarily focuses on the alignment of digital business strategy with IT strategy.
This certification establishes your expert ability to apply the principles, methods, and techniques from ITIL in the workplace. To be eligible for this certification, you must:
- Have earned all previous ITIL certificates
- Have experience working in ITSM
- Have practical hands-on experience with ITIL
- Have the ability to showcase active involvement in the implementation of the practices
Who should go for ITIL Strategic Leader Certification?
- ITIL strategic leader certification mainly targets IT leaders and managers working at various levels pursuing either the ITIL Managing Professional (MP) or ITIL Strategic Leader (SL) designation. The training is also fruitful for those involved in shaping IT direction and strategy.
- The ITIL strategic leader course is well suited for professionals looking at their journey in IT service management, ITSM managers, practitioners involved in IT-enabled products and services, and those responsible for the delivery.
Strategic Leader certification scope Specific advantages of studying Knowlathon online courses in strategic management include the following:
- Makes you an effective team player
Strategic leaders are team players and understand the value of teamwork. ITIL strategic leader course is designed to help you become an effective team player who can provide direction to your team force. As a true strategic leader, you will ensure that all the changes implemented by senior-level advisors and C-level executives are communicated appropriately with other team members. Thus strategic leaders ascertain that both parties are on the same page while making strategies.
- Will help you learn managing people effectively
Another great advantage of going through an ITIL strategic leader course is that it helps you learn about delegation and supervision, considered one of the most critical traits of a strategic manager. During this course, you will learn to gauge your expectations and build strong relationships with your employees and clients as well.A strategy is designed with various methods and metrics, and to implement it effectively, it is essential to delegate tasks accordingly. Distribution of tasks according to the capability of an employee, is a well-engineered strategy.
- You will have a variety of career choices
One of the most significant advantages when we talk about strategic leader certification scope is the sheer variety of career choices it offers. Every organization of any size and working in any part of the world depends on capable and committed strategic managers. When you earn ITIL strategic leader certification, you immediately enhance your career horizon and enhance your prospects in your job profile. Nothing boosts the value of a resume similar to a strategic management certification.
Working as a strategic planner, you can work either as an internal consultant on temporary assignments or can choose to work in a long time position at a multinational company. You can even move higher up the hierarchy chain to work with the member of the executive committee, to help achieve the long-term goals of an organization.
Features of ITIL strategic leader certification
The strategic leader certification future is bright and aims at IT leaders and managers at all organizational levels. In order to become an ITIL SL, you need to complete the two modules ITIL4 Strategist Direct, Plan and Improve, and ITIL Leader Digital and IT Strategy.
1. ITIL4 Strategist: Direct, Plan and Improve: This module is designed keeping in mind the key concepts of both, ITIL Managing Professional and ITIL Strategic Leader streams. This course provides theoretical and practical skills to the candidates that help them learn all the key takeaways necessary for planning and improving IT organizations with a planned strategic movement. In addition, this course also teaches you the influence and impact of agile and lean ways of working and how to use them in an organization's interest.
Exam Info: The exam is an open book type, where you need to provide 28 correct answers out of 40 MCQs in 90 minutes duration.
2. ITIL Leader: Digital and IT Strategy: This module primarily teaches you how to handle disruptive technologies and the strategies that will impact the design, delivery, and support of services. It focuses on how to maintain a flexible and adaptable environment while remaining competitive in an ever-changing market.
Exam Info: The exam is a closed book type. Here you need to provide 21 correct answers out of 40 MCQs in 60 minutes.
Strategic leaders are professionals who can make others better ensuring that impacts last even in their absence. Enrolling in an ITIL strategic leader course from Knowlathon is a sure gateway to success and is
more beneficial for young professionals looking to excel in their careers. Knowlathon provides you with custom training solutions from industry experts, with the course material designed in line based on a digital vision and to help develop the most in-demand digital leadership skills.