DevOps Foundation Course curriculum covers the following topics:
1. Course Introduction
– Course Goals
– Course Agenda
2. Why DevOps?
– Business Perspective
– IT Perspective
– Perceptions and Realities
3. What is DevOps?
– Business Value
– What DevOps is Not
– Who is Doing DevOps
– Enterprise DevOps
4. DevOps and IT Performance
– Demonstrated Results
5. DevOps Automation
– Automation Enablers
6. Measuring DevOps Success
– DevOps Principals
– The Three Ways
7. DevOps Patterns and Other Frameworks
– DevOps and Agile
– DevOps and Lean
– DevOps and IT Service Management
8. DevOps Culture
– Understanding Organizational Culture
– Characteristics of Organizational Culture
– Characteristics of a DevOps Culture
– Managing Culture Change
9. DevOps Organizational Considerations
– DevOps Skills
– DevOps Teams
– DevOps Organizational Structures
– DevOps Roles
10. Promoting Collaboration, Improving Communication, DevOps Practices
– Continuous Integration
– Continuous Delivery
– Continuous Deployment
– Value Stream Mapping
– Theory of Constraints
– Experimentation and Learning
– The Deming Cycle
– Improvement Kata
– Preparing for Failure
– ITSM Process Improvement Practices
11. DevOps Automation Practices and Tool Categories
– DevOps Automation Practices
– Where to Begin
– Application Life Concerns and Tool Categories
12. Adopting a DevOps Culture
– Getting Started
– Challenges, Risks, and Critical Success Factors
13. Additional Sources of Information, Exam Preparations.
– Exam Requirements, Question Weighting, and Terminology List
– Sample Exam Review
As such, there are no pre-requisites to attend the DevOps Foundation Course. Anyone with
working knowledge of the IT industry can join Knowlathon for this training course.
– The duration of the DevOps Foundation Certification Training Course is of two days. At
the end of the course, candidates need to appear for the certification exam.
– This exam is of beginner skill level and includes the basics of DevOps
– DevOps Foundation Certification exam is conducted and managed by the PeopleCert
– It is a closed book exam
– The exam is conducted in ten languages, including English
– The exam duration is 60 minutes
– You have to answer 28 right MCQs out of 40 (70% minimum passing marks)
The intended candidates for the DevOps Foundation course incorporate Management, Operations,
Developers, QA, and Testing experts, including:
● All individuals associated with IT improvement, IT tasks, or IT administration
● Individuals looking for comprehension of DevOps standards
● IT experts who are already engaged or want to enter an Agile Service Design Environment
● Application Developers
● Business Analysts
● Integration Specialists
● Network Administrators
● Software Tester / QA
● System Engineers
● System Integrators
● Tool Providers
● Software developers
● IT Directors
● Business Managers, and others
Just follow the simple steps below excel in your career as a DevOps professional.
● Get Trained: Enroll with Knowlathon for an upcoming DevOps Foundation course, and attend
two days of live virtual classes.
● Take the Exam: Attend the 60-minutes, closed-book exam, and score a minimum of 70%.
● Get the DevOps Foundation Certificate: Download your certificate, and get a digital badge. This
badge will allow you to showcase your certification acquired through PeopleCert to your
potential employers. It can also be added to your email signature, CV, LinkedIn, and other social
ITIL® Expert, CGEIT®, CRISC®, CobiT5®, TOGAF®, ISO20K LA ITSM, IT Governance – Consultant and mentor
I really enjoyed the Certified DevOps Professional course from Knowlathon. Apart from excellent training, the team of Knowlathon is very accommodating and has a deep knowledge of DevOps
concepts. The course material was well structured and delivered perfectly. The trainers explained the topics with the most suited and practical examples to help me apply them easily in my work field. I really enjoyed the course and the learning atmosphere the trainers created and will also like to book other training programs from Knowlathon in the future.
I chose to attend an online course from Knowlathon. I was looking for a DevOps certification training program but was unable to find a suitable training provider. But, Knowlathon fulfilled all the requirements I was looking for. The training module was excellent and interactive. The trainers were very enthusiastic and invested in excitingly teaching the course material.
I have learned so many practical approaches for my work that I wish to incorporate them soon. The program was designed in a manner to help cover a lot of material in a shorter period, while the material provided was quite detailed. The trainers did a fantastic job of going seamlessly through the course material and adapting to the varied need of their students.
I chose Knowlathon for DevOps Foundation Course, and it was literally one of the best decisions of my career. I thought that it will be a challenging job for me to virtually go for the training classes. But the team of Knowlathon supported me at all levels and I never faced any problems while going through the course. The course material provided was well structured and was easy to grasp. The trainer and their teaching style made me feel that I am learning in a classroom. This course turned out as one of the best and most informative I have ever attended. I will 100% recommend Knowlathon, especially for the DevOps Foundation course and other courses as well.
Yes, Knowlathon offers a demo session. However, we provide demo sessions for our clients on special requests and do not particularly offer training course session samples to everyone. We share the sessions with our specifically solicited legitimate clients only after a thorough screening procedure.
It is easy to access a live virtual class with Knowlathon. Our team will share a link with you, further guiding you toward virtual classrooms for the DevOps Foundation Course. However, you must ensure a good working PC or a laptop with a high-speed internet connection. You are also required to connect your PC with a microphone and headphones for a live virtual class session.
At first, you have to attend 16 hours (two days) DevOps Foundation Training program through a certified trainer like Knowlathon. After the training, you are allowed to sit in the exam. You will get an exam voucher and the courseware and receive the course key through an email. This email will also guide you through scheduling the un-proctored, web-based exam. You are also allowed to schedule this exam at your convenience. Once you clear the exam, you are declared a DevOps Foundation certified professional and can download your certificate instantly.
DevOps Institute certifications expire two years from the date earned and need to be renewed before that expiration date.
For an individual’s first DevOps Foundation, 30 CEUs are required to maintain an active certification. Over the course of two years, community members can participate in different ways that can count toward their CEU total, including DevOps Institute-led programming, DevOps-related courses, and webinars offered by approved vendors.
Moreover, for individuals who hold more than one DevOps Institute certification, an additional 6 CEUs will be required for each additional certification.
If you cannot qualify for the DevOps Foundation certification in your first attempt, you can opt for another attempt by paying a fee.
‘Take2’ is a unique offer from PeopleCert where they provide you with a second chance for certification at an affordable price. Take2 gives you a second chance to retake the exam at a fixed, attractive cost.
Yes, Knowlathon offers several mock questions and course material to help you understand the DevOps Foundation certification exam format. The training program from Knowlathon includes a series of mock exams similar to the main exam to help candidates understand the exam pattern and develop their confidence.
We also ensure to go for at least two practice exams so that most of the topics are covered under the questionnaires list. In addition, Knowlathon provides various exam study notes and test-taking tips to qualify for the DevOps Foundation certification exam on your first attempt only.
DevOps Foundation certification is designed for a vast crowd that wants to acquire a comprehension of microservices. Professionals on the specialized side will develop an understanding of DevOps to help decrease IT cost by 15-25%, with an expanded quality, thus allowing the business to target advanced change activities. Here you will also master:
● To improve performances of all processes and safeguard infrastructure by deploying DevOps tools
● Gain skills to provide faster fixes to problems in their early stage, ensuring that they don’t get too complex
● Learn to install servers automatically, along with their continuous integration
● Understand the basics of Scripting and will learn to automate tasks with the help of Bash/Python
Knowlathon offers the most skilled and competent team of trainers. With Knowlathon, you can be well assured to undergo the training program from trainers experienced in teaching online and offline as well. The trainers are approved by DevOps institute to introduce the official curriculum and are the masters with immense experience in leading, applying, coaching, and teaching.
Sometimes you may feel that you are falling short of preparation. If you think you require more time and want to extend the DevOps Foundation training, you can call Knowlathon, and our team will further guide you out the procedure of extending the course.
You can take the DevOps Foundation Certification exam immediately after the two-day training program. Knowlathon also helps candidates to schedule the exam based on their convenient dates.
Moreover, if you may find that your exam preparations are not up to mark and require an extension for the training course, you can always opt for an extension with Knowlathon. Once assured that you have done your preparation in the best way, you can choose your exam date accordingly, and hence ensure to clear your exam on your very first attempt.
The training from Knowlathon is held in a live virtual classroom style. It is quite simple for any candidate to join a live virtual DevOps Foundation Certification training course. There will be other participants in the class as well who are allowed to participate in the class actively. You can remotely attend our online training sessions from your office, home, or any other place of your liking.
With Knowlathon’s immersive platform, you will get the course materials well in advance to prepare your study plan accordingly.
You can join the live training program with the help of a laptop or desktop, with a good internet connection attached with a mic and speakers.
The DevOps Foundation certification exam is a closed book exam type consisting of 60 multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
You can pay online to book the DevOps Certification program from Knowlathon. There are various other convenient methods to pay for this course. Please contact Knowlathon, and our representatives will guide you on the most common and convenient payment platforms.
DevOps Foundation course is designed to introduce you to help acquire skills and work in the IT organizations looking to work together to reduce lead time and produce high-quality software. After this course, you will be able to:
● Support business objectives related to digital transformation initiatives
● Apply DevOps to real-world organizations of any sector
● Create automated processes with lower costs
● Articulate DevOps objectives and vocabulary
● Align DevOps with other frameworks like Agile, Lean, and ITSM
And much more