ISO 27001 Interview Questions and Answers
- 1. What is the CIA triangle?
The CIA triangle consists of three parts:
- 2. What does Annex A of the ISO 27001:2013 standard mean?
The standard's Annex A contains 114 controls. According to categories, they are into fourteen groups. They deal with a variety of concerns, including:
● Data transmission and encryption
● Physical security training Information security training
● Controlling access
- 3. What exactly are Salted hashes?
Salt is essentially random data. When a password system is correctly protected, it will construct a hashed value for the password, a new random salt value, and then save the combined value in its database. Salt hash protects you from dictionary attacks and well-known hash attacks.
- 4. Is there a distinction between ISO 27001 and ISO 27002?
ISO 27001 is a set of guidelines. Businesses seek certification to meet the criteria. ISO 27002, on the other hand, is a code of practice. With additional guidelines, ISO 27002 adds to the security controls listed in Annex A of ISO 27001-2013.
- 5. What is XSS?.
- 6. What is the significance of ISO 27001 certification?
Every firm has its own set of rules for data and information management. The goal of ISO 27001 certification is to create a framework for these standards. This credential teaches people how to protect information rather than how to code.
- 7. What is the difference between Symmetric Encryption and Asymmetric Encryption?
Symmetric encryption encrypts and decrypts with the same key, which is faster but more complex to implement in most cases because you can send the key using additional guidelines unencrypted channels.
Asymmetric encryption and decryption, on the other hand, require distinct keys.
- 8. What does a POST code stand for?
Post is the best system accessible when a system refuses to boot. The exact POST codes may emphasize the aspects of an organization's present setup that it dislikes. In current systems, companies use display LEDs to highlight this information. However, before applying for the POST code, the minimum essential components to boot must be present.
- 9. What's the difference between data security while in transit and when at rest?
Data is regarded at rest when stored in a database or on a hard drive. On the other hand, it is in transit from the server to the client.
- 10. What does ISO 27001 certification signify when it comes to risk assessment?
ISO 27000 certification includes risk management as a requirement. According to ISO 27001 certification, it aids organizations in identifying, analyzing, and evaluating the flaws in their information security processes.
- 1. Distinguish between a White Hat and a Black Hat?
A Black Hat hacker is a computer hacker who violates cybersecurity for personal gain or malicious intent. They break into secure networks with the intent of stealing or altering information. They're hacking gangs who aren't allowed to operate legally. The term "white hat" refers to a group of ethical hackers. They are computer security specialists who specialize in various computer testing techniques. They protect an organization's information system.
- 3. Why are you trying to utilize SSH on a Windows machine?
Several organizations employ a secure connection known as SSH on various systems and dedicated appliances. You can use the SSH protocols on a variety of platforms. Windows ports are available for programs like Filezilla. They make it easier for Windows and Linux users to connect.
- 4. Is it difficult to transition to the new ISO 27001 standard?
If the organization is already ISO 27001 certified, there is no need to be concerned. ISO 27001, on the other hand, is not just a list of technical requirements for security and internal audit. The draught from 2005 is identical to the one from 2013. The main difference between the two versions is the presentation. The formulas in the 2013 edition are more precise. Some sections have been made more adaptable.
- 5.Users log in as root and carry out routine operations. Is this a problem?
A Linux admin account (root) has a lot of privileges that regular users don't have. It is not always required to log out completely and then log back in as root to do these activities. If you've ever used the Windows 'run as admin' command, you'll understand the basic principle behind 'Sudo' or superuser (root) do' for anything you want it to do. It's a pretty simple way to reduce the time you spend logged in as a privileged user. The more time a person spends with extended permissions, the more likely they will use them again.
- 6.Does ISO 27001 have an impact on the organization's employees?
Yes, ISO 27001 certification can affect the organization's workforce. All ISO 27001 certified firms must verify that they have received staff awareness training. The ISO 27001 training will influence the personnel if a big change is made to data storage, archiving, and retrieval.
- 7. What metrics will you use to see if a remote server runs IIS or Apache?
Error messages can sometimes reveal the server's operating system. It can also give it if the website administrator has not set up custom error pages for each site. It's also possible to use telnet to test how it replies. Never underestimate the quantity of knowledge that may be gleaned by asking the correct questions rather than getting the right answer.
- 8. Is ISO 27001 only applicable to IT firms?
Security breaches can happen in any industry. To protect sensitive information, many of these sectors rely on substandard technology. The majority of their staff aren't even aware of the technology. Its ability to prevent cybercrime or data theft is weak in this case, where the ISO 27001 standard comes into play. It lays out a process for all industries to figure out what might happen. The procedure for modifying employee behavior is then defined. Such occurrences are less likely to occur if you alter employee conduct. As a result, ISO 27001 is for any organization to protect sensitive information. The organization could be private or public.
- 10. Will there be any repercussions for management if they do not follow the rules?
If a firm decides to appoint a risk owner, they are accountable if they do not follow the rules. If you don't follow the rules, cancellation of ISO 27001 accreditation occurs. During audit visits, it could result in a reprimand. If you require expert assistance to comprehend ISMS and obtain certification fully, Knowlathon is always available! You can excel in your career if you enroll in our ISO 27001 Lead Auditor training and certification course and excel in your career.
Interview questions on ISO 27001
2. In Firewall Detection, Is it worse: a false negative or a false positive? And why is that?
A false positive is inconvenient, but it can be avoided by labeling a real piece of traffic as bad. A false negative is when harmful traffic is allowed to pass through undetected. As a result, a false negative is worse for obvious reasons.
9. What's the difference between a security flaw and an exploit?
A security fault is a flaw in a computer system that a cyberattacker can exploit to obtain unauthorized access to it or perform unauthorized actions on it. Attackers can exploit vulnerabilities to execute code, access a system's memory, install malware, and steal, destroy, or alter data. On the other hand, an exploit is a piece of software, a chunk of data, or a series of commands that exploits a defect or vulnerability to induce unintended or unexpected behavior on computer software, hardware, or electronic devices. Taking control of a computer system, permitting privilege escalation, or launching a denial-of-service (DoS or related DDoS) attack are examples of such activity.
- 3 Benefits of getting your ISO 27001 efforts right in 2021 May 11, 2021
- 3 Benefits of Lean Six Sigma to the individual May 24, 2021
- 3 business benefits of doing PRINCE2 Agile projects often May 15, 2021
- 3 Lean Six Sigma Benefits to the organization May 24, 2021
- 4 Benefits of PRINCE2 Agile to Project Managers May 11, 2021
- 4 Benefits of sticking to your PRINCE2 transformation May 11, 2021
- A Complete Buyer Guide for Lean Six Sigma Certifications in 2021 May 11, 2021
- Adopting PRINCE2 for Business Project Management August 17, 2022
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification Exam Guide July 21, 2022
- Benefits of PMP Certification in India August 16, 2022